Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Clare Tough


Searching the web I came across the work of Clare Tough, a young English fashion designer. From her designs it is evident that her knitwear has really prevailed and signifies her individual label. I was fascinated by how she uses different weights and textures that relates back to each season. I love the light and subtleness of her summer collections, the bold and more abstract pieces from her winter range. I can draw similarities to Sandra Buckland’s work especially within this jumper.

http://www.claretough.co.uk/fashion/?page_id=39


But what I love about her work is that it is so wearable, I have been looking into the report and trying to understand how my work will relate back into the “business model” as our “CRAFT STUDIO” follows along the applied stream. I think Clare Tough’s label is a good example of incorporating a craft technique and taking it to a contemporary level, which sustains to be a very successful and profitable business.

No comments:

Post a Comment