Thursday, April 29, 2010

Colour palette?

Colour can make or break a collection; I think the majority of us have stated that we believe craft can look to daggy and off putting when featured in numerous colours.

This week I have been putting off actually starting my knitted panel dress because I have been too fussy on choosing the right fabrication and the colour of yarn. I didn’t realise how difficult it actually is to try and find the right colours in wool/ cotton yarn. Especially tonal variations of one specific colour.

To get started I researched into other knitwear collections and Colour Palette I believe that knitting also looks great when it foccusses on a one colour or uses a variation of tone, it has that ability of taking the viewer on a journey for example light tones to dark tones. Or white then blending a colour into it.


http://yarnstylist.com/2009/09/color-trends-for-fall.html

Vogue Knitting features red in their Fall 2009 issue.

The red is too overpowering, although I like how they have used various tones and shades. It makes the garments look like it a complete collection


These colours I’m also not a fan of either and I don’t like how they are all very different more of a yellow, and others are more of mustard.

I think this is very elegant, looks simple yet effective because it is clean to read and the colour is really flattering. I can see this put with white, black, and various shades of grey and include colours that head towards a bluey grey, and deeper shades.


No comments:

Post a Comment