Friday, April 23, 2010

knit knit samples

Now I have started to put some designs to paper. Drawing is not my specialty, and when I’m stuck I find it really hard to express my ideas through drawing especially garments and silhouettes. These little knitted samples I knitted up has helped me put shapes and silhouettes together. This simple knitted tube has been a great tool for designing. Knotting, twirling and looping which could be features within the garment.
After today’s class group discussion I feel very inspired I really want to start getting into the developmental and toiling process now. It was great to see everyone’s interpretation of craft and what techniques they are pursuing.
Here are some photos of the knitted samples, which have helped me through designing


No comments:

Post a Comment