Saturday, April 10, 2010


Craig Lawrence is a knitwear designer based in London Craig Lawrence is a knitwear designer based in London. Craig's approach to knitting is very different to some other knitwear designers I have researched. He takes it to another extreme, reinventing this tradition craft of knitting through unexpected use of both materials and form.

This is similar to what I am looking into, creating form onto the female body with different materials and shapes. Through the use of different materials I want to achieve a chunky aesthetic using wool or strips of fabric with various knitting stitches and techniques, whether it be by creating small panels and sewing them together piece by piece, or creating the fabric on the knitting machine and using cut and sew method.

Craig Lawrence is a knitwear designer based in London

Using knitting as my craft, now that I have started designing I am deciding whether all the garments will be fully knitted demonstrated in Asger Juel Larsenaw 2010 collection (left) or using knitting as a decoration to the garment depicted in the Disa Treutiger (right).


No comments:

Post a Comment