Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tailored shawl collar week 2

I must say that I am happier with the outcome of this toile in comparison to last week’s exercises’.
(Probably because there are no square corners and so many sea
ms that intersect into the one position. Or maybe my sewing is improving?)
Also I like the outcome of the collar, I like how it looks more fluid than the notched lapel as the corners are very sharp and defined
From week 1 variation toile I liked how the collar is large and covers more of the bodice so I made the shawl collar bigger.
The collar stand I made 3cm (line d-e) and the length of the collar from the stand (how much you see of the collar at the back) I made 7cm (line d-f).

I like how the collar sits away from the body shown in this view

So what I did forget to do on this toile/patterns was to prove the seams at the armhole. Because the front and back panels are joined and have that sight
curve when the seams are pressed open the seam allowance was either to short or too long like this.
Curved hem- I thought the curved hem was going to be a pain to sew but wasn’t that bad. With weeks one toile’s Libby told me to do a secure stitch when
doing square corners so I did this and it worked well.




No comments:

Post a Comment