Saturday, June 5, 2010

toile 2 done

Over the past few weeks I have been working on my second design, the dress, here is the toile version (photos are very hard to see detail, photos are dark and crappy)

Overall I’m happy with the result, the sleeves aren’t as structural as I hoped they were but can’t help it with the knit. On the sleeves I tried two method, one with cast off on the lower edge and the other is casted on edge, the casted on edge give the wearer more freedom to move however looks very ugly as it curls up, originally I was going to go with this method but over the past few days in making my final I have chosen to go with the casted on edge its a little more restricting but looks much neater.

The elastic panels have been such a nightmare to knit!! Took my about 4 hrs just to knit the centre back panel. But I think it worked out well in the end. No pain, no gain!. My hands are literally killing me now!









No comments:

Post a Comment