Saturday, May 22, 2010

TAKE TWO-FINGERS CROSSED


I am currently in the process of toiling my second design. I am using a combination of hand knitting and the domestic knitting machine.

Here is a big sample I knitted up at uni on the domestic knitting machine.
it is so quick and relatively easy to do compared to the time hand knitting takes.











Earlier on in the semester I was looking at how different materials can make a garment look interesting. I did a sample of using very fine sewing thread, and knitted it up on small neddles, which looked like very holey/open lace tights. Inspired by that I tired a different way. I used shirring elastic and knitted that up.

The next dress consist of using variations of hand knitting with the cotton/acrylic yarn, machine knitting (sampled in green but will be in black) and black hand knitting shirring elastic. (Illustrated below.)


The calico toile- i really like the overall design in a woven fabric because it has that structural element. i hope it works in knit. so FINGERS CROSSED.
The first steps to drafting-




No comments:

Post a Comment