Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Week 6 3d class involved putting the lining into the jacket we have been working on and off.
At the beginning, the pattern making seemed rather confusing, but was a piece of cake when Mick actually explained it rather than using the notes he made… that was totally confusing.

Sewing the lining (we did this in calico also so you cant see the contrast in the images) also was rather simple, and I was breezing through until I hit a speed bump and realised I had sewn the pieces back to front (so the all seams are visible when inserting into the jacket, and the whole purpose of lining is to hide the seams!!) never mind the old un picker came to use and quickly I reversed all my seams to what was the right side.

The sleeve was tricky to identify which way it went into the jacket sleeve because it had to be flipped around yet still face the right way.
The other complex part was attaching the lining to the facing at the hem curve as I didn’t prove the pattern, however it didn’t turn out too bad.

The finishing touches were hand stitching the hem which we used a blind hemstitch.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I know the notes were pretty crap for the lining. Needs some serious attention. I'll do some editing

    ReplyDelete